“Welcome to our store! Let me know if you have questions about any of our products?”
“My name is Sofia and I will be your virtual personal shopping assistant today. Is there anything I can help you with?”
Does this ring any bells? As you may or may not have noticed but when you bought goods online, your queries were responded by a chatbot.
The hype about bots is actual and the concept is pretty well-known in the e-commerce industry. But do you believe that they fill the need?
A lot of you prefer human interaction over a bot interaction because that is more personalized. It is also believed that they are less efficient and sometimes do not accurately reply to your inquiries.
What is a chatbot?
A chatbot is an Artificial Intelligence program that can lead a conversation similar to a human-human interaction; a natural conversation that is taken place daily such as thru messaging, or telephone.
Chatbots are tiny programs that artificially imitate the patterns of human interactions.
“I think chatbots are the future of engagement between a fan and a brand or a celebrity.”Christina Milian
“Chatbots represent a new trend in how people access information, make decisions and communicate.”Christie Pitts
To work independently from a human operator is what chatbots are programmed for. It replies all your queries in a natural language and comes up with it through a combination of pre-defined scripts and machine learning.
If you ask a question, the chatbot will generate a response as per its knowledge. If something that is not known to it or was never asked, it either changes the direction or passes it to a human operator. Both cases help it to learn more and more.
STATISTICS: POPULARITY OF CHATBOTS
Are you ready to embrace the robot revolution?
As per the bots figures, companies have embraced the robot evolution and the concept has come to reality. Number don’t lie, right?
Bearing this in mind, to help you stay up-to-date, we present to you some figures and list of essential stat chart that defines the popularity of chatbots.
Why are chatbots hot?
What is your favorite medium of communication? Do you prefer text messaging or calls? Just to inform you, text messages are considered to be the most loved medium of communication in today’s world.
This is why chatbots were created. The funny thing is a lot of people do not even notice if they’re interacting with a bot or a human because it seems like you are really talking to a human.
Chatbots are hot because they are 2x more likely to convert a lead into a qualified lead. Let’s discuss why chatbots are effective:
- Because it greets the candidate warmly that is so human-like
- Other than searching the whole internet for what you need, simply ask a question and you will be immediately answered
- Chatbots are accessible 24×7
- They can be used for casual chats as it can easily pick up humor, tone, mood
- They can act as receptionists if you don’t have any
- Amazingly they keep it very real; either as a salesperson, or shop assistants, etc.
Who’s in: Future of chatbots in the form of stats
The superpower of Bots
Did you know that Gartner suggested last year that by 2020 forty percent of the mobile phone interaction will be managed by smart agents or chatbots?
Also, Facebook alone is working on bots with the help of 10,000 developers.
Benefits of bots for Every Business
Businesses have understood the true possibilities of chatbots. The potential benefits can be:
- Amplified customer engagement
- Monitoring consumer insights
- Stay relevant to trends
- Capacity is increased in order to meet consumer’s needs
- You are off on weekends and public holidays, chatbots are not i.e. continuous engagement
- Reduction in errors
- Can replace humans permanently if required hence reduced costs
Chatbot Statistics – Editor’s Choice
- Operational cost by up to 30%
- 85% of customer interaction
- 50% of businesses to spend more on mobile apps
- 64% of internet users say they want 24×7 service
- 37% say they want quick customer service answers
- Over 300,000 chatbots on Facebook
Why are chatbots becoming so popular? Our answer to this, they are one of the well-known examples of artificial intelligence.
They’re beneficial in a business because they save time and effort by automating numerous characteristics of customer support. Nevertheless, the potentials of bots aren’t limited to answering customer queries.
If you’re concerned about how chatbots can level-up your customer support, contact us today to get to know.