Remote Learning Challenges can be very overwhelming for both students and educators. New York Times conducted research focused on the challenges of remote learning for students which revealed there was a significant majority of students turning up for classes. Many of the educational institutions made the curriculum and reading material openly available for their students. But no matter how much-advanced technology is and the remote learning experience seems very appealing at first, however, there are certain underlying challenges. But the Edtech industry is continuously growing, Toptal shared a report and it stated that the total capital of EdTech companies in the United States reaches up to $70 million.
School is more like your mobile, computer, or laptop screen with everyone’s faces plastered on it with one echo, ‘Can you hear me?’ ‘Am I audible now?’ But there is a sense of virtual connectedness that has made this online learning experience more interesting and less overwhelming. The challenges can be anything starting from distortion on zoom calls and then to the shortcomings that come while trying to create an online learning atmosphere for learners and educators.
But how can we solve all these challenges? In order to uncover the solutions, we first need to understand the basic challenges of online learning faced by people across the globe.
Without any further ado, let’s get acquainted with the challenges first.
Address The Elephant in the Room – Remote Learning Challenges
Apart from losing internet connection, not having tech devices, and also other distractions. Some of the challenges were stated by UNICEF, that were a collection of notes from students, parents, and teacher’s perspectives. This also included the suggested suggestions and solutions keeping in view the changing e-learning trends and demands.
The expected challenges are as follows, as per currently available information:
- Distractions can be very annoying and create a hurdle in the smooth learning process.
- It is also reported that studying in isolation can get boring and leads to procrastination.
- Lack of support and collaboration, like if you’ve missed a lecture or the zoom class got disrupted.
- No definite and designed approach to share the learning experience with peers and students.
- No centralized place to access the reading material or curriculum for a certain course.
With the rise in distractions, they can be quite too much at times especially when you have to stay at home and do other chores along with your ‘homework.’
If you feel like sharing the online learning challenges with us, don’t forget to share with us in the comment section below and we will feature them along with our own suggestions and solutions.
Get Access to Silver Bullet Solutions for Remote Learning Challenges
There is no free lunch, and you have to work for it. But there are few rules of the thumb that you can utilize to achieve more efficiency and productivity. If someone tells you that it’s a longshot at perfection and that is quite impossible. Tell them to take it up with Daniel Kahneman, who wrote in his famous book ‘Thinking, Fast and Slow’ that:
‘ It is much easier to strive for perfection when you are never bored.’
So do you want the perfect solution? Get your smart hats on, because together we are going to unveil the few basic solutions to overcome all these persistent challenges.
Let’s dive in!
- First things first, make a calendar and strategize the routine by taking down all ‘Things to do’ especially on daily basis.
- Set a systematic routine, and try to maintain a balance between your study life and life with family. Communicate these things to family and friends.
- Buy an internet connection, get a reliable internet connection, you don’t have to miss a call. If there is a possibility for an uncertain situation, then do research and set up a work desk or study system. That will give you a sense of accomplishment to learn without distractions.
- Setup weekly or quarterly online meetings with your peers and student fellows, it will give you the atmosphere for learning without feeling isolated and without feeling that you will be missing out on anything. Peer-based learning can help you a lot and you can also get a study buddy to keep the motivation going.
It is important for educational institutions and training institutes to provide the reading material so that you can either access it online or just download and start reading it. Many institutes provide recorded lectures to their students in order to remove the possibility of missing out on anything.
Take the Next Step – Learn to Overcome the Remote Learning Challenges
To have the quest and thirst to learn new things including technical and professional skills, it’s very important to stay updated with the recent in-demand software skills that allow you to learn to earn. It is better to join courses and online remote training, where everything is already sorted for you. You just have to get registered and they will take care of the rest. Next bridge Institute is one of the most prestigious institutions in Pakistan for online skills courses, where you can get enrolled to upskill your resume and develop personality development and professional skills.
Are you looking for the best online courses in Pakistan?